WHAT IS MANAGED IT?
What is Managed IT Services
Managed IT services allow businesses to delegate their IT operations or outsource their IT to an expert third-party organization that specializes in handling some or all of the responsibilities associated with your IT operations. Sometimes the organization lacks the workforce, or they don’t have the internal skill set to properly maintain their network, servers, workstations and other IT devices. These third-party organizations, known as Managed Service Providers (MSPs), are responsible for the entirety or portions of a business’ IT systems, as agreed upon in a written Service Level Agreement or commonly referred to as an SLA. Essentially you are shifting the risk associated with your hardware, software and network performance over to the Managed IT Service provider that you agreed with.
5 Benefits of Hiring a Managed Services Provider:
1. Lower Cost of Ownership: It may be cost prohibitive for an SMB to self manage their technology internally. This is why many companies are seeking managed service providers to help lower your total cost of ownership and reduced system downtime.
2. You Get More with Less: On-top of saving money, an MSP can help the SMB get more for less-ensuring business continuity and disaster recovery, improved computers, servers & network performance, minimize risk against ransomware & malware through enhanced security, all while you are saving time not having to worry about technology.
3. Proactive Maintenance: Hiring an MSP to monitor and managed all of its systems ensures that problems will be identified and resolved before they become costly problems.
4. Data protection: Managed Service Providers assumes the responsibility of your data-therefor, you can ensure your data is backed up, secure and a seamless process is in place to get you up and running in the event of a server failure or any unforeseen disaster.
5. Enhanced Network Security: Keeping patches, up-to-date, security device management and adding additional advanced vulnerability monitoring and management, dramatically helps to ensure you will not fall victim to the latest malware stacks. Added layers of security and monitoring are available for regulatory compliance and protecting sensitive data.